Friday, March 28, 2008

Carolina furniture

carolina furniture

I have always heard advertisements on my television for Carolina furniture, but for the longest time I had the wrong idea. While there may indeed by furniture that is called “Carolina”, the store in my area was actually named after the owner, not a brand or type. The commercials have been around for as long as I can remember, and they feature the owner singing a really horrible jingle. I have noticed lately that he is no longer in the commercials, so I think he may have retired and left the business to his sons.

I don’t know if the ads done for Carolina furniture where done this way on purpose or not. Though the commercials are somewhat horrible, they do stick in your head. I would think that would be the whole point. I’m not in advertising, but it stands to reason that something sticking in your head is more important than the quality of the ad. If you were to think of the Carolina furniture ad each time you think about new furniture, you may indeed end up going there, just to see if they really can offer the prices they advertise.

I think the only reason I have not visited Carolina furniture is because of where they are located. They are not in Carolina, but rather in a very rural area of Pennsylvania. I don’t know how they do business out there, but they must be doing something right, as they have been in business for a very long time. They couldn’t have this type of success if their commercials did not make people want to visit. I’m just not sure what it is about the commercials that inspires this type of loyalty. You may have seen ads like these in your own community, but they may have been for used cars rather than furniture.

Though the commercials for Carolina furniture are pretty cheesy, those who have shopped there tell me they do have great stuff, and you can get a great deal there. They advertise that you can get “more for your money every day” and I guess they do live up to the promise. I have yet to shop at Carolina furniture, but I think I might go there some time soon. I have gone to many other places in my community that offer great deals, but either the deals aren’t that great, or what you get for your money is not what is should be.